23.00 - 30.00 Per Hour
We currently have an opening for Field Service Power Generation Technician in Omaha, NE.
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to generators and components at the customer’s site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor
Skill Level A
- Level I Technician plus
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Company's diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
- Skill Level A plus
- In depth electrical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification
- Locally valid driving permit
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with of power generation products
- High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience
- Customer service experience.
$23-$30 per hour DOE
Sign On Bonus