System One is looking for a MS Project Scheduler in Lynchburg, VA. This is a long term contract opportunity for a large strategic project.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the detailed schedule(s) in MS Project. The ideal candidate can accomplish work under moderate to low supervision. In this role, the scheduler will work under the supervision of the Project Manager, while drawing key inputs from subproject leaders as well as other project contributors. The role will be expected to analyzes plans and schedules to identify potential delays and integration problems; recommends changes to plans and schedules.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Develops & maintains project schedules, schedule status and schedule analysis with MS Project; in compliance with scheduling best practices
- Assists current and future Subproject and Workpackage Leaders in creating and maintaining schedules.
- Assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling requirements.
- Responsible to manage the two-week schedule update cycle and to distribute the reports accordingly.
- Maintains a regular interface with the PM, providing schedule data and analysis.
- Builds and maintains templates for bimonthly Strategic Development Project reporting
- Understands the OPEX requirements and assist the PM in complying with the target level of performance
- Provides critical path analysis and creates 'what if' scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Provides scheduling training, coaching and leadership to project staff, as needed.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling process improvements.
- Provides updated schedule summary information as required to support DOE project tracking and reporting processes
- Good understanding of complex planning and scheduling concepts and scheduling software (MS Project).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is required.
- Self-Starter. Able to perform effectively with limited coaching
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to work efficiently via electronic meeting tools with remote team members
- Basic comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities
- Good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Understanding of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Fundamental working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 is a plus