110000.00 - 125000.00 Yearly
Senior Manager of Health, Safety, Environmental and Security
Salary Range: $110k - $125K
- Health, Safety, Environmental, Security (HSES)
- Plan, develop, implement and manages the health, safety, environmental and security (HSES) programs;
- Supervise plant regulatory managers
- Establishes and maintains the HSES strategic plan; updates objectives, documents accomplishments; and sets new goals and objectives.
- Ongoing assessment of the safety status of production processes
- Responsible for managing Incident Reporting System
- Lead aggregate safety data review activities and coordinate safety surveillance activities
- Enable up-to-date risk communication
- Provide proactive risk assessment/risk management/benefit-risk assessment
- Develop risk management strategies and plans and monitor effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations, Environmental Regulations, and Permits
- Responsible for assuring reporting requirements are met (i.e., OSHA Logs 300’s and 300A’s)
- Responsible for management of worker’s compensation claims; work with departmental managers and physicians to determine return to work strategies.
- Assure staff is effectively conducting safety training for new hires and annual safety training
- Assure staff is effectively coordinating and leading Safety Committee meetings
- Ensure job site safety inspections, and job hazard analyses are conducted; implement corrective action.
- Ensure investigations/ cause analysis for all injuries, and near miss incidents implement effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Develops safety awareness through the identification and control of health, safety, and environmental hazards.
- Submission of safety sections in submission documents for corporate initiatives (RC/ISO 14001) Write responses to regulatory authorities’ inspections.
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify new improvement opportunities on the production floor.
- Work to establish and improve standard work, management systems, and critical business processes as they relate to HSES.
- Identify and leverages best practices.
- Serve as the change agent to challenge existing processes in place. Use data to communicate and support the opportunities that exist.
- Develop and prepare metrics related reports focusing on KPI’s. Conduct regular and periodic audits of key initiatives.
- Facilitate the development of action plans as identified through the audit process.
- Identify training needs and provide training and coaching to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Support Emergency Response activities
- Maintain Method 9 stack test reading certification