Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Senior Microbiology/Molecular Scientist
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Type: Direct Hire, Salaried with benefits
Start date: Immediate
- Assures good product development/support/continuous improvement by optimizing the use of technical resources in alignment with departmental goals. Plans and designs experiments using DOE and other advanced methodologies as appropriate based on project needs. Interprets results and draws conclusions to continue the work or adapts design following correct design controls.
- Assures a consistent scientific lead on projects by planning and developing an adapted technical approach. Assesses resources, coordinates, collaborates, and delegates tasks as appropriate, anticipates and resolves technical issues, prepares timelines, project reports and project assessments. Makes recommendations that assures respect of QA/QC policy as well as a timely closure.
- Monitors scientific literature and keeps systematically informed of advances in a specific field of expertise: scientific developments, competitor information as well as customer needs through both internal and external networks. May propose and evaluate new products, process or technologies. Communicates technical information internally and externally within the scientific community in order to benefit the company and its customers.
- Authors marketing white papers and scientific publications, including publications in peer reviewed journals. Presents at local and international scientific conferences.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ph.D. +3 years, M.S. +5 years, B.S. + 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience of technical project leadership
- Pharmaceutical or clinical microbiology education and/or lab experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microbiology and chemistry/biochemistry
- Strong laboratory skills and preferably pharmaceutical/industrial microbiology
- Knowledge of technologies outside of traditional microbiology (i.e. : Cytometry, automated microbiology, molecular biology)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Experience with experimental design, design controls, and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to write project reports and present to scientific meetings and customers
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.