Compensation Range: 33.00 Per Hour
Job ID: 149935
Date Posted: 02/14/2020
System One is currently seeking a Quality Engineer for an industry-leading manufacturing client in the Cleveland, OH area.
*The Quality Engineer will provide hands-on quality support and alignment to manufacturing, inspection, and engineering. This person will be expected to interact and establish a healthy, positive relationship with our suppliers and customers.
• Directs (interacts with) associates engaged in quality verification activities (measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning material, product, or process quality).
• Develops and initiates forms and instructions for evaluating, inspecting, testing, recording, and reporting quality related activities.
• Trains and coaches process operators on quality standards (what is required to meet customer expectations and client quality standards).
• Ensures customer quality standards (product criteria) and internal work instructions are current, available to the process operators, and are being followed.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment, as well as inspection, measuring, and test instruments and gages. Becomes the SPA (champion/leader) of our gage calibration system.
• Implements methods for validating process capability and verifying product conformance.
• Implements (audits current) procedures for disposition of discrepant material and collaborates with others to help to determine root causes of quality failures.
• Leads (in conjunction with) implementation of Business System (ABS) tools; supports Kaizen events; is engaged with Hoshin activities to eliminate waste and improve all KPIs within Operational Excellence (ABS is our Continuous Improvement System = Waste Elimination).
• Communicates with customers regarding customer returns or other external quality failures and initiates RCA’s in response to customer returns, warranty service, or complaints.
• Reports issues, conditions or behaviors affecting quality to the Quality Assurance Manager and/or the Business Center Manager.
• Helps develop visual measures of process quality performance.
• Leads internal quality auditing program.
• Maintains corrective action records in the Corrective Action Tracking System (CATS) database.
• Develops process flowcharts and writes activity instructions (In collaboration with managers, supervisors and process operators).
• Maintains document control programs.
• A degreed candidate is preferred; consideration will be given to related job experience and knowledge if a candidate does not possess a degree.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred, not required.
• Prior experience in a quality related field.
• Six Sigma, Green Belt, or Black Belt training/certifications (able to show examples or provide training/certification credentials).
• ISO9001 and/or AS9100 knowledge and experience would be a plus.
Due to ITAR restrictions, applicants must be US citizens or have permanent resident status.