MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Engineer in the Beaverton, OR area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
OSP Engineer is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. The individual provides front line project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
- Project management for construction activities.
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships).
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for releases.
- Attend weekly construction meetings as needed.
- Prepare project justifications for approvals.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
- Respond to DOR’s as needed.
- Code and approve contractor invoices.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
- Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities.
- Knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal).
- Outside plant construction and project management experience and inventory management experience.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and federal entities.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activity.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience related to outside plant.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities.
- Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside plant.
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Tools Required = Laptop, height stick, measuring wheel
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com