Category: Information Technology
System One is looking for a skilled Desktop Support Technician for a contract to hire for a customer located in the heart of Jacksonville!
Desktop Support Technician
Rate: Depends on experience
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Supports the daily operations of desktop software and hardware by providing assistance through phone and email requests in resolving technology support issues. Configures and installs new technology while also providing maintenance by repairing, upgrading and backing up existing technology.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Maintains desktop software and hardware and also supports mobile workforce.
- Provides support to users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems.
- Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware.
- Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides.
- Documents problems and resolutions.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Evaluates, maintains, modifies (e.g., creates macros, templates) and documents desktop application packages, participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Consults with and makes recommendations to users on selection of hardware and software products to address business requirements.
- May perform end-user training.
- Performs other duties as required.