Category: Accounting & Finance
System One is recruiting an SAP Closing Coordinator for our client in Wilmington, DE.
This is a 7-month contract assignment with likely extension.
*Local Candidates Only*
*Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident*
The Primary function of this position will be to provide finance functional expertise and leadership in coordinating and managing the financial monthly closing process in the R/3 environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minor in Accounting Information Systems preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and as a member of several teams simultaneously.
- Extensive SAP Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team networking skills.
- Managing the data flows from R/3 and other legacy financial systems as well as downstream feeds to the reporting system
- Collaborate and team with the SAP closing coordinators to timely process the month end/period-end closing
- Be financial resource to the plant accounting organizations in respect to the closing cycle and treatment of financial data flows and related problem solving
- Be one of three SAP closing coordinators and as a member of a SAP closing coordinator team, back-up other coordinators during the closing process
- Ensure that the design of financial functionality and functional SAP process meets design requirements and is consistent with Corporate Accounting Policies and Practices and proper accounting controls are designed and maintained in these systems
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley data submissions from the businesses with SAP system flows guidance and support.
- Position involves monthly closing responsibilities and will require overtime during the closing cycle to meet corporate closing cycle timetable