Category: Accounting & Finance
17.10 - 17.10 Per Hour
Purchasing / Procurement wanted in Trenton NJ!
Duties/Responsibilities: Responsible for purchase of commodities in assigned field; reviews routine purchasing requisitions, prepares bid documents, analyzes proposals received from vendors, and recommends and executes the award of contracts in accord with New Jersey statues, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates specification preparation, and secures bids/proposals.
- Negotiates contracts and makes awards.
- Serves as advisor to subordinate buyers on unusual or difficult policy problems.
- Participates in hiring of staff; consults with user department personnel concerning requirements.
- Acts as chairperson of standards committee for countywide use of specified items; recommends review of revised purchasing procedures; serves on other purchasing related committees.
- May supervise and train subordinate staff, including evaluation and discipline.
- Reviews requisitions and specifications using on-line requisition system.
- Advises user department representatives on purchase methods and alternate products and may recommend substitutes.
- Negotiates prices and terms.
- Originates purchase orders.
- Resolves discrepancies and invoice problems.
Must have the following knowledge:
- Principles of employee supervision and training
- General business practices and procedure
- Accounting principle
- Material management systems
- Negotiated procurement via Request for Proposals
- Principles and practices of public sector purchasing
- Contracting law, Uniform Commercial Code, and other laws and regulations pertaining to the solicitation of bids/proposals, evaluation of offers, negotiations and awarding of contracts
- County customer service objectives and strategies
- Telephone, office, and on line etiquette
- Current technology and trends in the profession
Please apply to this with your resume for immediate consideration.