Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Manufacturing Systems Engineer – II
Location: Elkton, VA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your primary role is to work with an assigned manufacturing/support systems team to ensure that production and support systems operating and management processes are consistent with site objectives and approved operating procedures.
- Conduct routine field observations to monitor process, systems and personnel to ensure manufacturing processes maintain safe and compliant operations.
- This will include process control data collection and analysis.
- Technical support for process control decisions related to waste streams.
- Development of process control improvements and provide implementation support.
- Use data base systems for work order and operational event data entry.
- Participate in technical investigations and represent the manufacturing systems group in the area Safety and Environmental committee meetings.
- Manufacturing and support areas include bulk and finished antibiotic, vaccines, waste treatment, solvent recovery, utilities, material management and power house operations.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biological or Electrical engineering.
- Some areas will have low levels of antibiotic powder and the candidate cannot have known allergies to antibiotic.
- Must be able to work independently and in diverse group settings.
- Able to support a primary focus area but also provide targeted support to other Manufacturing System Engineers for specific project objectives.
- Must be capable of taking a hands on approach to go and observe operations and maintenance in the field.
- Ability to examine processes from multiple perspectives such as safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and personnel in order to best evaluate process performance.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings that support manufacturing systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.