System One has an immediate need for a MS Project Scheduler in Lynchburg, VA. This is a long term contract responsible for establishing detailed schedules and resource requirements for operating plants and/or new plant deployment projects in MS Project.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates with project partners on the development and implementation of project schedules; tracks and monitors project schedules through completion.
- Analyzes plans and schedules to identify potential delays and integration problems; recommends changes to plans and schedules
- Assists Group Leaders in creating and maintaining schedules.
- Develops, maintains current project schedules, schedule status and schedule analysis with MS Project and DEEM.
- Assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling requirements.
- Provides critical path analysis and creates 'what if' scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Assists in identifying and ensuring adherence to required project resources (staff, materials, equipment, etc.).
- Participates on project teams providing valued project data and analysis; leads project schedule status meetings.
- Provides scheduling training, coaching and leadership to project staff, as needed.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling process improvements.
- Responsible to manage the two-week schedule update cycle and to distribute the reports accordingly on an established SharePoint site.
- Good understanding of complex planning and scheduling concepts and scheduling software (MS Project).
- Basic comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities
- Good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Understanding of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Fundamental working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).