System One is recruiting for a Sr. Program Manager in Seattle
Position: Program Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: Direct Hire
Key Responsibilities include:
- Program Leadership – Develop and manage program plan, schedule and budget, using EVMS as required. Proactively manage changes in program scope. Develop initial and lifecycle cost estimates. Develop and manage risk management plan that addresses cost, schedule, and performance. Identify and mitigate potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Process Improvement – Take a lead on driving changes and improvements to project and program management capability. Leverage his/her best-in-class experience to develop and enhance process, policies and systems used for program delivery.
- Internal Collaboration – Be a team player and prepared to work closely with Program Management colleagues and leadership. Communicate effectively with colleagues to identify solutions to potential challenges and opportunities.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management – Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the customer, consistent with the best interests of the company. The ferry program customer is a strategic, high-value and long-standing client; the relationship requires a strong understanding and appreciation for what the new ferry program means and the history of the organization and the community it serves.
- Team Leadership – Build and lead a robust program delivery organization comprising employees and contractors. Key reports will include, but not be limited to Cost & Scheduling, Controls, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Production Management.
- Reporting & Information Management – Accountable for delivering timely and accurate reporting to the Vice President of Marine Fabrication on a regular basis as well as broader stakeholders within the company. Implement strong reporting and information management process across the team to support on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Culture Champion – As a senior leader within the firm, be an ambassador for the ferry program internally and externally; recognize the long-standing relationship between the importance to employees and the local community. Represent the company internally and externally with enthusiasm.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED
- Shipbuilding & Maritime Industry – ideally possess 8-10+ years’ experience in the US shipbuilding industry. Demonstrate strong knowledge & understanding of the nuances of the industry and how best to deliver challenging projects.
- Program Management – track-record of delivering large and complex new construction projects. Demonstrate a successful record of leading projects and programs of work on- time and on-budget. Experience leading a multi-disciplinary and integrated project team to include direct employees as well as contractor groups.
- Team Leadership – experienced in organizing and leading multi-disciplinary project teams. Evidence of developing a collaborative and winning culture in teams; motivating employees to deliver excellence for customers. Able to create and define a program strategy and lead teams to execute against this.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management – strong track-record of managing senior client relationships. Able to build and maintain a transparent and productive dialogue with customers and take a ‘solutions-led’ approach to resolving conflicts and challenges.
- Supplier Management – experience managing and negotiating with sub-contractors and construction supply chain partners. Able to drive accountability with partners and negotiate competitively with buying decisions.
- Change Management & Process Improvement – ideally, have experienced in enhancing and improving the program management capability of a project team or organization. Experience in improving processes and systems to develop best-in-class capability.
- Solutions Focused - Excellent problem-solving ability and decision-making skills. Able to tackle challenges constructively with employees, contractors and customers to achieve successful outcomes.
- Communication & Presentations Skills - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and present project information effectively to stakeholders. Experience using Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, scheduling and database programs.
- Safety Leadership – experience instilling and driving a safety-focused culture. Possess strong understanding of OSHA and other environmental regulations.
- Employee must be a “U.S. Person” as defined Code of Federal Regulations, Title 22, Section 120.15.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced office setting with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. The individual may be required to be in production areas in yard and onboard ships. He/she must be able to walk to and from job sites.
- The person must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders and may be required to lift up to 20 pounds. He/she may be required to work more than 8- hour shifts and weekend work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While in production areas, this individual will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts and odors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compensation for this position is competitive and will include a base salary, performance-based bonus package, and relocation assistance.
- BA/BS Degree in an engineering or technical discipline preferred.