27.40 - 34.00 Per Hour
La Crosse, WI
System One is currently seeking a Designer on a 12 month contract position located in La Crosse, WI.
- Design facilities for new and existing customers according to Delivery Services construction standards and interpret administrative instructions for consistent and cost effective designs.
- Provide distribution design project management for the least complex areas of design.
- Generation of additional company revenue through contacts with new business or existing customers.
- Manage projects from initial customer contact through post project analysis.
- Establish and manage the construction work plan with construction forces in order to meet the customers' schedule and design requirements as well as financial and budgetary requirements.
- Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies as required.
- Execute contracts and agreements in compliance with administrative instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a safe work environment and design a safe operating system while providing premier customer service.
- Support and promote safety programs, including monitoring public safety around Delivery facilities.
- Represent the Company with government officials, contractors, city agencies, vendors, architects, and engineers to provide service to customers.
- This position will support electric distribution design activities including but not limited to facility replacements, new services, staking, permits, billing, contracts, and locate tickets.
- Associates degree or higher in a technical field preferred
- Field experience and a construction background
- Preferential consideration given to candidates having experience with SAP work management system, GIS/SmallWorld and electric distribution.
- Additional software applications include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Professional, Google Earth, and web based applications.
- Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate learning agility, customer service, teamwork, communication, problem solving, and technical aptitude.
- In addition, successful candidates may be required to drive their personal vehicle to company training sites or customer site locations.
NOTE: the hiring manager is not looking for a candidate that has an extensive CAD or Auto CAD background.
Duration: 12 month
Location: La Crosse, WI
Pay Rate: $27.40 -$34.00
IRS rate for mileage will be reimbursed