Senior Wind Turbine Technician - Cedro Hill
27.00 - 35.00 Per Hour
Senior Wind Turbine Technician (O&M)
Bruni, TX 78371
Full Time, Direct Hire Position
Commensurate with experience
Benefits and Relocation Offered
Wind turbine technicians install, inspect, troubleshoot and repair wind turbines and turbine internal and external components such as programmable controllers, gearboxes, drive components, structural components, electronic equipment and electrical components. They review related manuals, blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine the tasks, tools, equipment and parts needed to maintain a highly automated system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance on GE wind turbine and associated equipment
- Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety equipment, to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Work closely with Site O&M Manager on a daily basis to maintain fleet availability, which includes trouble shooting and repair on any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in wind generators
- Trouble shoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic and electrical problems on variable pitch and variable speed turbines to correct malfunctions
- Perform diagnostic electrical analysis
- Determine correct parts needed for repairs, order parts, process warranty claims, review and implement advisories regarding faulty parts.
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs and maintenance functions provided by maintenance or repair sub-contractors
- Prepare timely and concise reports regarding inspections to insure proper steps are taken to remedy any deficiencies
- Be proactive in regards to wind turbine counter measures or enhancements that may be needed and assist in the development of such procedure’s as required
- Strive to keep maintenance costs low and quality high
- Comply with all Safety policies and procedures and report any violation to the Site Supervisor immediately
- Assist the Site Supervisor in effectively maintaining parts inventory to include initiation or continuance of inventory stock and issuance system for spare parts and defective parts control and communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have experience with electrical pitch systems, schematics and skilled on all aspects of the GE 1.5MW turbine.
- At least 6-10 years of experience working on GE wind turbines
- Strong leadership skills required
- Minimum education requirement is high school completion and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to extreme heights. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.