70000.00 - 80000.00 Yearly
Our client, a 60-yr. old, family-owned and operated uniform rental company has an immediate opening for a Chief Maintenance Engineer. Candidates must have strong technical skills and ability to help maintain an industrial (commercial) laundry facility.
Job Summary: The Chief Engineer has overall responsibility for installation, repair and maintenance of industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Ensures that tasks such as start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, boiler work, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, or other systems are being done according to policy and procedure standards. Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Facilitate and supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of large industrial processing equipment. Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance of this equipment and for the facility in general is being done according to policy and procedure
- Supervise the plant maintenance staff and consult with production, and stockroom management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
- Oversee the regular maintenance of lint traps, shaker screen barrels, oil levels, grease fittings, water levels, wastewater systems and other engineering processes.
- Repair and maintain hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, PC, air, power.
- Perform plumbing, 3-phase 230 volt electrical, carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Advise the Operations Manager of parts, supplies and equipment requirements, and order as needed.
- Supervise the handling of daily maintenance requests so that minimal down-time is experienced and operational processes are continually improved
- Work with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by the company, state/federal law, and also what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Remain current on equipment and repair procedures, and keep the maintenance engineering staff likewise.
- Keep accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by upper management.
- May work with and support other plant personnel as required by upper management.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum of five (5) years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3-phase 230 volt systems.
- PLC programming experience.
• High School diploma required; AA or bachelor’s degree a plus!
Typical Physical Activity / Typical Environmental Conditions
Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., reading/speaking English, and lifting up to 60 lbs. The production areas of a typical of a industrial laundry facility which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
Our compensation package includes:
- Base salary, based on skills and experience.
- Outstanding Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage for the Chief Engineer and their immediate family with a month contribution of only $177.00.
- Excellent profit sharing and 401k retirement package.