Category: Accounting & Finance
33.00 - 41.00 Per Hour
System One has an immediate opening for a part-time Project Controls Specialist in Charlotte, NC near the University area. This is a contract opportunity extended in 6 month increments working at least 30 hours a week with the potential to become a direct hire, full time position in the future.
Responsible for project control activities to include scheduling, cost analysis, estimating, scope control, tracking, trending, and reporting of project performance and status. May assist with project management related activities. Works effectively in a team environment. Takes initiative and works independently with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Understands and implements Company and project-specific methods/procedures for the project control activities of cost analysis, estimating, scope control, trending and reporting.
- Develops project labor, status and financial reports.
- Informs the project manager of project financial status, identifies potential problems and recommends a resolution.
- Provides financial management of the project, which includes assisting with the budget creation, project setup, accrual calculations, and preparation of estimates to complete (ETC).
- Provides financial oversight of subcontractor costs for compliance with Terms and Conditions and Purchase Orders.
- Reviews subcontractor invoices and prepares disbursement vouchers.
- Provides support in the preparation of Change Orders.
- Good written and verbal skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed cost and financial data.
- Good business and/or technical expertise in a related capacity.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Previous scheduling experience and knowledge of P6 scheduling software
- Previous work experience with DOE Projects.
- Good PC-based application skills such as MS Office (Word, Power-Point, Mail, etc.)
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, deals with ambiguity, and confronts issues directly.
- Detailed oriented.
- BS in either business or technical discipline, plus 7 – 10 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MBA) or certification (CCP) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in particular field of specialization.