Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Method Development Specialist
Location: Trumbull, CT
Start date: ASAP
- Responsible for providing support to Laundry & Homecare R&D with respect to product performance method development, performance test execution, instrumental support, and general SOP knowledge & expertise.
- Support department scientists in the development of new test methods, instrument validation, optimized procedures, etc.
- Support department scientists with independently carrying out performance tests according to standard operating procedures or experimental design.
- Autonomously manage tasks, experiments and requests.
- Assist in the development of new SOP’s
- Reports progress/issues in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the solutions to issues encountered during exploratory testing.
- Supports the team with routine tasks and requirements
- Responsible for safe working conditions. Is aware of hazards associated with work assigned, observes safe work practices, keeps equipment neat, clean and in safe operating condition, and maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science.
- Lab experience, specifically in setting up new experiments, DOE and SOP creation, preferred.
- Self motivated, creative, good oral and written communication.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Works effectively in teams and independently
- Creatively minded with a passion for innovation
- Strong sense of scientific integrity and rigor
- Experience with color testing, digital imagery and automated machinery a plus.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and self-motivated for excellence
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.