MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Operations Technican in the Littleton, CO area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
This is an Entry level position for 6 months, with hire potential. Looking for someone with Transport, layer 1 and 2 - Ethernet background to handle general escalations with partner carries, ticketing database, updating tickets, and communicating with management. This department manages outages and trouble tickets. Duties include:
- Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms.
- Management of circuits (T1 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly.
- Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters.
- Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions.
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 1/2/3 network problems.
- Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput.
- Test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Relating technical issues to management and lead personnel.
- Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols). Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
- Experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS is strongly preferred. Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent.
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations.
- Experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred. Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran).
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential.
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative. Potential of being Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday to Thursday work week-8 hour day shift
- Day shift- 7a-3:30 and Swing shift- 2p-10:30
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks preferred; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience.
- Candidates should have 1-3 years of experience
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more information please contact email@example.com