Category: Scientific & Clinical
50000.00 - 53000.00 Per Day
Direct hire, paying $50-55K annually.
Hours: Monday – Friday. 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (occasionally 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM).
Located in Lakewood, NJ with a large manufacturing company.
QA Chemist Responsibilities:
- Conducts chemical lab testing on materials, product and assists R&D
- Serves as the main administrative point of contact for all lab paperwork, audits, reporting and data entry of information into computerized system.
- Preforms quality assurance chemical analysis testing (use of textile testing equipment)
- Interfaces with: company customers, purchasing, sales & marketing, manufacturing/operations management, R&D and suppliers
- Serves as Assistant to QA/Lab Manager
- Maintenance of Quality Assurance procedures and documentation
- Maintains electronic database and spreadsheets along with paper filing system
- Generates ad hoc reports and provides analysis to management
- Participates in plant process audits
- Inspects raw materials arriving into plant, reviews paperwork
- Works with suppliers to resolve discrepancies and find resolutions
- Coordinates customer complaints and works with team to find resolutions
- Control of non-conforming product disposition
- Able to follow oral, written instructions and follow company procedures.
- Participates in plant wide ISO9001 audits
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and wear personal protection equipment as needed when on plant floor
QA Chemist Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related scientific/lab field from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge or experience with spectrophotometry testing.
- Solid computer skills including MS Excel (formulas)
- For additional information, candidates may call or text Chad Zehner at 732-228-8980