Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: R&D Technologist
Hours: Full Time, M-F
Location: Teterboro, NJ area
- Maintain and develop extraction, formulation and drying technologies of bioactive molecules. Works collaboratively with various departments on the development new ingredients and improvement of existing products using a project management approach. Responsible for documentation and processes related to new product development.
- Carry on laboratory experiments to development new products in response to a commercial brief or to improve the process and formulation of products.
- Conduct extractions, formulations and drying the extracts of laboratory experiments.
- Calculate yields and understand measurement of phytoactive compounds.
- Analyze results and write reports.
- Maintain and improve the proper functions of the laboratory.
- Assist R&D manager with Project management
- Develop new products taking into account customers’ requirements and regulatory constraints of dietary supplements.
- Collaborate and communicate with the different teams to make the pre-checks and assess feasibility
- Transcribe and validate proper documentation for the customer: Technical data Sheets, production process …
- Ensure traceability through documentation in lab book, technical reports and in the company database.
- Performs analysis on products & evaluates various test results.
- Troubleshoots issues
- Perform the analytical tests, review the results and create the documents for test results.
- Provide technical information, perform analysis and read scientific information to help answer technical questions to assist customers and internal teams
- Develop and formulate new products in the lab from raw materials.
- Write documents enabling the traceability of results obtained in laboratory experiments (Lab logbook in particular)
- Write up documents pertaining to product development: specification sheets, formulation sheets, flow chart, ingredient statement.
- Develop and carry on laboratory tests to analyze phytochemicals and physicochemical properties in raw materials, new products and existing products (UV spectrometry, titration, density, pH, moisture, ashes…)
- Interpret analytical data, critically assess the validity of the results, using literature data if necessary and write the corresponding analytical report
- Prepare technical answers to support the sales and internal teams
- Bring any malfunctions to attention and ensure the proper functioning of the lab equipment
- Ensure proper storage and cleaning and contribute to the correct functioning of the lab.
- Responsible for respecting HACCP rules set by the company and the lab manager, participate in writing lab SOPs and wearing PPEs at all time
- BS Chemistry or Food Science Preferred
- 1-2 years experience w/ specification development and raw materials analysis
- Basic Knowledge of UV, particle size analysis, pH testing, and taking measurements
- Experience w/ extractions a plus
- Knowledge of HPLC a plus
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.