Protection and Control Engineer
System One is actively seeking a Protection and Control Engineer for a 12 month contract position located in Allentown, PA.
Requires an electrical engineer to act as the single point of contact for reviewing and approving 12kV customer point of contact and 12kV independent power producer relay requirements for the connection of their facilities to distribution.
Protection and Control Engineer Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, responsible for over site of complex engineering activities including all aspects of transmission facility protection and control.
- Ensures high quality of the engineering team’s deliverable verifying all documented processes and procedures are followed.
- Prepares and executes plans and conducts reviews confirming engineering protection and control procedures are implemented in the execution of capital infrastructure installation and upgrades.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Reviews design documentation to determine compliance with design criteria and standards.
- Able to work in a variety of functions either in field locations or in the home office, which may include necessary activities ensuring quality processes are implemented in optimization of system/component performance and availability.
- Verification of engineer’s analysis for and development of design packages to add/modify systems, components or standards.
- Clearly communicates technical and complex topics orally and in writing with management to define issues and needs.
- Serves as the point person with EU management to contest, rectify, and respond to gaps in compliance reporting and verify the integrity, accuracy and completeness of periodic departmental reports.
- Applies industry best practices in development of procedures and processes addressing quality and reliability standards requirements.
- Works effectively in a team environment and may assume the role of team leader.
- Able to prepare cost estimates and assists in bid and procurement contract evaluations.
- Assists in quality aspects of engineer’s development of special testing of components, troubleshooting of equipment or process problems or special studies.
- Provides quality assurance, procedure and standards requirements guidance and recommendations to other employees in support of high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems.
- Builds knowledge of the organization’s reliability and quality procedures and processes.
- Ensures department deliverable exceed all industry standard requirements through development and implementation of uniform processes based on industry best practices.
- Implement industry best practices in development of efficient review processes and procedure development.
Protection and Control Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science from a college or university accredited by ABET.
- Candidates with extensive experience and certifications in quality assurance in lieu of the specified degree will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing a quality or reliability program, or project management involving engineering projects.
- Engineers with quality or licensing experience with generation, distribution, industrial protection, or system planning will be considered.
- Knowledge of Protection & Controls engineering preferred
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Experience in the energy industry preferred
- Quality program implementation in a regulated industry such as nuclear or pharmaceuticals preferred
- NERC Reliability standards expertise preferred
- Cybersecurity program implementation expertise preferred
- NERC access
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: 12 Month contract to hire