Category: Administrative & Clerical
29.25 Per Hour
Employee Relations Associate
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Employee Relations Associate Responsibilities:
- Manages Employee Relations cases by providing employee and manager coaching and counseling while ensuring consistent application and interpretation of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Applies employment law and company policy knowledge to consult with managers to work through Employee Relations cases to positive resolution.
- Establishes a baseline for practical application of cases and able to identify solutions for future cases with unique factors.
- Stays up to date on employment laws and is able to identify and lead changes in company policy based on new legislature.
- Provides counsel to HR plant and international country managers in handling employee relations issues at their sites.
- Leads harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment and compliance hotline, DFEH/EEOC investigations.
- Ensures HR policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with state and federal laws; develops, recommends and implements human resources policies to meet organizational needs. Identifies updates and documents processes and procedures.
- Partners with in-house counsel as necessary to effectively deal with possible conflicts related to employment practices.
- Serves as the policy contact and vendor contact to drive changes and improvements to current state Talent Management programs and policies.
- Creates insights from data, using trend and metric information to inform process and program improvements.
- This role includes program ownership and active identification of areas to drive improvement for increased efficiency. Recognizes, analyzes and diagnoses key trends in talent management and ER metrics to uncover root cause. Develops and designs solutions, based on root cause analysis work, to effect process improvement change.
Employee Relations Associate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required.
- Ideally 5 years of HR experience, preferably within Employee Relations, Consulting or HR Generalist role.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask with an attention to detail.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consulting skills - influencing, collaboration, contracting and responsiveness.
- Excellent analytical skills. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth knowledge of Labor Law as well as understanding of company policies and practices.
- Analyzes, interprets and applies Company policies and procedures, and Federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to employment and employee relations.
- Erroneous decisions could result in liability and exposure for the company.
- Regularly interacts with managers and employees across all levels of the company.