13.40 - 13.40 Per Hour
System One is currently seeking a Meter Reader on a contract position for a major utility located in Carlsbad, NM.
Meter Reader Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate and timely manual meter readings of electric meters; record index into computerized handheld systems; report hazardous conditions, meter tampering and meter conditions, timely completion of assignments; assist in ensuring data integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and attends safety meetings.
- Reads and records electric meter indexes into computerized handheld systems.
- Identifies and reports meter irregularities. Reports any safety hazards discovered at the customer's premises.
- Adheres to department safety policies and practices in support of the company’s commitment to safety.
- Maintain current meter location records and maps.
- Provide documentation to enhance route efficiencies.
- Responsible for the protection and maintenance of all assigned company equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meter Reader Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to walk and / or drive for extended periods of time through various terrain and withstand all types of weather conditions
- Working knowledge of the geographic area, especially with the under-standing of rural and oilfield locations in the area in which they are applying
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
Duration: 6 months
Location: Carlsbad, NM