Category: Administrative & Clerical
Our client is currently hiring for Patient Account Representatives in the Mechanicsburg, PA area! This is a 3 month contract to hire assignment. Our client is a leading provider of medical services; they offer excellent benefits along with upward career mobility and growth.
Follow up on open accounts receivable – both initial and balances at least 60 days old – with the intentions of collecting balances due. The selected candidates will seek to obtain any additional information to determine responsibility of payment and assure the best possible opportunity for claims to be processed.
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment.
- Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment. Review accounts with initial evaluations as early as 21 days old in order to confirm that clean claims are reaching the correct payor.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of computer, accounting, collections, and high volume medical billing and/or insurance claims processing experience required
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction or supervision
- Knowledge of indemnity insurance practices, contracts and managed care ideal.