Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
Operates machines and production equipment in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with limited guidance.
* High School Diploma
* Need to be mechanically inclined
* Candidates with experience with sanding, grinding and sandblasting would be great
Key responsibilities for this position will include the following:
* Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
* Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
* Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
* Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
* Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
* Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
* Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
* Engage in HSE Training. Quality Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), poka-yoke and visual standards.
* Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
* Performs quality inspections.
* Identifies and controls non-conforming material.
* Delivery Operates manual and automated equipment to manufacture and assemble product in order to create the proper characteristics and dimensions necessary to meet customer expectations.
* Demonstrates a high level of competency in core work skills.
* Achieves production goals. Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard.
* Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks.
* Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet production goals.
* Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment needing repair.
* Teamwork Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
* Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
* Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
* Performs routine and non-routine production duties by following written processes to disassemble core engines, engine components, or to perform assembly on sub component parts using Bill of Materials (BOM) and prints.
* Operates ovens, bead blasters, washers, and other disassembly/cleaning equipment.
* Responsible for the visual and quantifiable inspection of the result of their process.
* Resolves disassembly and component production problems.
* Reports other problems to the team leader or Production Supervisor for assistance.
* Identifies and sorts disassembled parts to be sent to the correct parts cleaning processes/locations.
* Works with quality to document any issues with engine components.
* Maintains housekeeping and safety in work areas.
* Assists in training department personnel.
* Communicates within the assigned team and with all support teams.
* Understands and applies appropriate company and department rules and guidelines to work.
* Knows and complies with departmental, site, and company safety policies and procedures.
* Participates in improvement projects. Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to get the job done.
* Completed work with minimal supervision.
* Performs cross-functional work within the department.