Project Geologist/Well Site Manager – Syracuse, NY 13212
System One has an immediate need for a Project Geologist / Well Site Manager to support our client in Syracuse. The Project Geologist / Well Site Manager will manage an exciting new project involving the plugging and abandonment of orphan oil and gas wells at numerous sites located within New York State. The project is currently scoped for 2019 and has the potential to extend for several additional years. The project will be based in Syracuse, NY, however base location for this position in the western and southern tiers of New York is flexible.
REQUIRED to have experience in the oil & gas industry, including familiarity with the plugging and abandonment of conventional oil & gas wells in the northeast U.S.
- Duration through 12/31/19 with possible extension
- Hourly plus per diem
- Skype interview for those out of the area
- Must complete System One and client’s on-boarding process prior to hire
- Work Schedule: Mon-Fri -- 7am-5pm (45 hrs./wk.)
- Projects are throughout New York State
- 4-year degree in Petroleum Geology or Engineering or related technical/business field
- 5-12 years of experience in projects related to oil & gas and/or environmental remediation on plugging and abandonment of conventional oil/gas wells in the Northeastern U.S.
The Well Site Manager will act as the Company Representative with selected subcontractors, landowners, and client during project execution in the field with regards to plugging and abandonment operations. The successful candidate will negotiate changes to the scope of work with subcontractors in coordination with the Project Manager. This position will be responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the planning and execution of the well plugging operations for the project, including:
- Assisting the Project Manager with planning, scheduling, and logistics of the overall field program.
- Interfacing with the client representatives and landowners in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Reviewing the various regulatory plugging permit documents with the client representatives and preparing plugging reports upon completion of the plugging and abandonment of each well.
- Overseeing subcontractors’ execution and compliance with the plugging permit and regulations with regards to down- hole operations and well site management; as well as day-to-day interface with the client and regulatory personnel.
- Overseeing execution and compliance with the site-specific Health and Safety Plan and Client’s policies and procedures.
- Reporting Health and Safety metrics and performance data for the drill rig operations to the Field Project Manager.
- Daily and weekly reporting to the Project Manager regarding overall progress, challenges, and costs associated with the well site and downhole operations.
- Working with Project and Field Project Managers to track costs and schedule for the various elements of a project. Tracking and reporting cost overruns, delays, and significant changes to the scope of work to the Project Manager in a timely manner.