San Antonino, TX
System One is currently seeking an Environmental Analyst on a contract position located in San Antonio, TX.
Environmental Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyzes federal, state and local environmental regulations that impact the company in its planning and/or operations and develops options for compliance with impacted work areas.
- Identifies appropriate measures to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Obtains licensing and/or permitting for bother existing and proposed facilities.
- Develops and manages environmental contracts for Department and user areas.
- Represents the company by responding to regulatory agencies such as the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as responding to inquiries from media and public representatives.
- Prepares, certifies and submits regulatory reports to various Federal and State agencies as required. Facilitates/coordinates meetings involving contractors, user areas and management.
- Participates in community activities and trade show events promoting positive customer relations.
- Testifies in public hearings and/or court proceeding cases as an expert witness on environmental issues.
- Manages environmental and/or sustainability project, and/or programs.
- Leads, directs, assesses and develops team members; coordinates job assignments and responsibilities with crews and contractors.
- Provides input in developing environmental awareness conservation and sustainable strategies.
- Maintains current professional, technical and regulatory knowledge through attendance at seminars and workshops and through the reading of industry publications/journals.
- Conducts environmental field investigations, inspections on construction sites and properties.
- Core responsibilities focus on strategic as well as operational/tactical aspects of the organization. Interprets and applies organizational policy and recommends changes in procedures.
- May provide work direction to subordinates within the context of assigned projects; plans and assigns lower level analysts to given projects or tasks; provides input and/or assists with the review and evaluation of lower level personnel.
- Under limited supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
- Manages multiple complex projects, while accommodating high priority projects with short deadlines. Reviews progress with management.
- Determines independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed.
- Makes frequent, independent decisions, recommendations, and optimal choices that will have a significant impact on the business.
- Develops area budget; works within financial objectives/budget set by management.
- Operates with substantial latitude for independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed."
Environmental Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor of science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physical Science, Environmental Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Comprehensive environmental experience.
- Important to this position are: critical thinking, speaking & presenting, technical writing, active listening & learning, coordination, complex problem solving, quality judgment and decision making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management or related field.
- Professional certification: REM, QAP, CEP, PG, CPESC, CESSWI, CISEC or other applicable environmental certification.
- 40 hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Certification.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to develop alternative solutions, prioritize, and complete work projects/assignments on schedule and to achieve Department's goals/objectives with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with customers, employees, and all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to handle multiple and/or fluctuating priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results
Duration: 3 months
Location: San Antonio, TX
Pay Rate: $54.61