Category: Accounting & Finance
30.00 - 40.00 Per Hour
Our client is DC and MD's largest gas and electric utility. At their location in Washington, DC, we have a need for two experienced Cost Analysts. This will be supporting the upgrade of their substation and transmission systems. These are long contract positions. Compensation is $40-50/hr plus $150/day per diem.
Cost Analyst Requirements:
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or Construction Management
- 3+ years in cost analysis for design/construction projects, including budgets, forecasting, and analysis
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency with various software products used for financial tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cost Analyst Responsibilities:
- Perform cost forecasting, tracking and analysis in support of multiple Project Managers for large complex construction projects.
- Develop and monitor budgets for transmission, industrial customer and distribution projects and programs.
- Support monthly financial accounting cycles including tracking of invoices and work to be accrued within the calendar month.
- Communicate with Vendors to obtain or resolve questions with regard to monthly financial forecasts and work incurred but not yet invoiced.
- Analyze variances between forecasted spend to actual spend including materials, contractors and internal labor and identify reasons for variance and corrective actions to meet annual and total project forecasts and budgets.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and develop resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Maintain financial reports and records to ensure compliance with annual internal and external audits.
- Monitor program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis