Category: Information Technology
System One looking for a Remote Technical Report Writer for a one of our clients. Candidates shall be responsible for gathering data from multiple sources to create management reports. Candidates will also collaborate with business partners, clients, and customers to determine data requirements and develop reports, ensuring all data is accurately conveyed in an appropriate format.
- Creates/designs and runs reports using PC platforms or report writing tools based on end-user needs.
- Incorporates end user requests and requirements to develop an enterprise reporting solution.
- Identifies appropriate metrics on which to report and utilizes software to generate metrics and develop actionable recommendations.
- Mines information from databases in a variety of formats such as XML, TXT, CVS, etc.
- Provides support to research team or management by collecting and analyzing data, and reporting results.
- Interfaces with raw data sources and front-end reporting services using table linking, embedding, import/export and file conversion techniques.
- Collaborates with various functional teams such as Marketing and Information Technology to achieve business results.
- Produces and distributes reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- May train end-users on report writing.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of SQL programming and be proficient in data extraction and reporting techniques
- Experience with MS Excel and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple assignments with little direction
- Ability to determine own priorities and work independently
- Ability to convey technical knowledge to others
- SQL queries, Crystal Reports, Excel, access, SQL Server, BI, ETL, Data Normalization, data visualization, data product definition and requirements, project management
- Motivity BI Suite experience preferred