Category: Scientific & Clinical
18.00 - 20.00 Per Hour
Title: Lab Assistant
Shift: M-F 8:45 am to 5 pm
Location: West Long Branch, NJ
- Set up and maintain laboratories, under the general direction of Laboratory Course Supervisor. At the conclusion of each experiment sequence, clean up lab, and set up equipment and reagents for next experiment, in a timely manner.
- Assist in routine maintenance of laboratory equipment and apparatus to ensure safe and proper use.
- Assist instructors and student assistants with routine technical problems related to laboratory procedures and equipment.
- Monitors supplies and chemicals in stockrooms and informs laboratory supervisor of needs or shortages. Keeps stockrooms clean and organized
- Prepare and/or test routine lab experiments to ensure experiments demonstrate the intended principle or procedure for which the experiment was designed.
- Work with a full range of chemicals and reagents. Prepare any reagents, solutions, unknown samples and other lab supplies and/or apparatus needed to carry out laboratory exercises.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology or related
- One year of experience as a laboratory assistant or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel