Position: Outfitting Designer
Location: Northwest Florida
Duration: 6-Month Contract to Hire
- Functions as a 3D Outfitting Designer, model and prepare detail drawings for the construction and repair of marine craft and floating structures such as ships, barges, and tugs.
- Responsible for 3D modeling of ship structure.
- Create and develop production/fabrication drawings of the structure and netting of parts (i.e. assembly drawings, stiffener plots and nests).
- Responsible for drawing multiple views of the structure, through assemblies and sub-assemblies, depicting relationship of components and parts.
- Identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, and materials in the production drawings.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card required.
- Associate’s degree in Drafting, Engineering Technology or similar field of study, plus five years drafting/design experience preferably in the Marine (Outfitting) field desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency in FORAN (preferred) or similar software such as AVEVA, NUPAS CADMATIC, ShipConstructor or similar CAD/CAM software required.
- Strong working experience with AutoCAD (2D) and reading/interpreting structural drawings required.
- Intermediate level MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook experience required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, display an attention for detail, and function as a team player.