Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Calibration Technician
Location: Edison, NJ
Schedule: 1st shift, Monday-Friday
Start date: March 2019
- Accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance (PM), and repair tasks in support of typical analytical and process instrumentation prevalent within the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
Examples of instrumentation supported include but are not limited to:
- temperature and pressure measuring instruments,
- micrometers, calipers, torque testers, hardness testers
- balances, furnaces, ovens, autoclaves
- sterilizers, glassware washers
- stability chambers/ incubators,
- humidity sensors, spectrophotometers, microplate readers, refractometers, pipettes, pH/conductivity/resistivity instruments, flow meters
- HPLC Systems, GCs, tablet coaters, blenders, fluid-bed dryers, and an array of other laboratory, production and packaging equipment.
Performs both scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance and repair tasks for moderately complex laboratory and process instrumentation.
- Documents calibration results in the calibration management system database (ProCalV5).
- Plans, schedules and performs own work once monthly workload assignments are received; including devotion of time to effectively manage on-demand assignments as they arise.
- Minimum of a two year degree in a technical discipline (A.S. or A.A.S.), or equivalent military education (60-credit hours) and training.
- 2 years of previous calibration/instrumentation experience in GMP Pharmaceutical environment
- ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT) and/or military PMEL training is a plus.
- Experience with ProCal calibration software a big plus
- Must have excellent mechanical ability and working electrical knowledge required.
- Excellent computer, organizational, scheduling and communication skills required
- Working knowledge of metrological traceability
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.