Media Specialist - Washington DC 20591
System One has a temp-to-hire employment conversion opportunity for a Media Specialist to support our client in Washington D.C. The Media Specialist will be working in media and communications outreach with functional emphasis on public affairs.
- Candidates local to the DC area
- Will be required to complete System One and Client on-boarding process
- Temp to hire employment conversion after 1040 hours with System One
The Media Specialist role will assist the Public Affairs team with various daily functions and provide service to the FAA, DOT, news media, and industry stakeholders. This position will prepare daily news clips for distribution, communications plans, media lists, media briefing papers, and assist public affairs and executive leadership with other communications tasks as assigned.
Media Specialist requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or similar
- 1-3 years of experience working in media & communications outreach with functional emphasis on public affairs.
- Basic knowledge of the news media industry to include major television, newspaper, and radio outlets.
- Experience and proficiency in media search tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Ability to prepare media market lists to accompany various media outreach campaigns.
- A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to effectively manage their time, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to multitask, and to be flexible