30.00 - 50.00 Per Hour
We are currently seeking a Civil Site Designer in Canonsburg, PA. This individual's primary responsibilities would revolve around civil site grading, pipeline permitting, E&S Plans, land development, surveying and use of AutoCad 3D.
- Interpret verbal or written direction to initiate a preliminary design.
- Initiate drawings following instructions of engineer, designer, supervisor, specifications and/or sketches.
- Create survey plans, utility alignment sheets, detailed construction drawings and other exhibits.
- Implement revisions and change control per company standards at the direction of senior level designers and engineers.
- Assist with performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Check field red-lined drawings and generate accurate as-built drawings as needed.
- Maintain proper file management in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Import and export civil survey data.
- Interact and communicate effectively with multi-disciplined engineering team and GIS team.
- Comply with all company and client health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) standards as well as federal and local HSSE regulations.
- Actively participate in company and client hazard identification and observation programs.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's Degree from a Technical Institution preferred
- 2 years of experience preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required
- Blue Sky experience preferred
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry preferred
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
- Ability to read and understand drawing markups to determine drafting requirements
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Must be highly self-motivated