Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Bioprocess Associate I
Location: Syracuse, NY
Start date: ASAP
- The primary role of the Bioprocess Associate I is working on assignments that train for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment including adherence to detailed procedures and batch records ensuring compliance with cGMP and safety requirements.
- Work is performed in a team environment within a medium-scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Additional gowning through the processing areas and maintaining clean hygiene is a requirement to control established environmental specifications.
- Trains for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. bioreactors, chromatography skids, media or buffer preparation equipment etc.).
- Maintains files, records data, logs activities, and monitors processes.
- Maintains area in a clean and orderly fashion to support the manufacturing schedule.
- Recognizes and reports safety, maintenance and quality events to area management.
- Communicates status of operations to area management in a timely manner.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency through training.
- High school diploma required.
- B.S. in Science, Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline or its equivalent is desired, but not required.
- Prior job related experience required along with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Familiarity with general chemistry, mathematics, microbiology and cGMP operations is desirable.
- Work/study experience where attention to detail, adherence to written instruction, and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable with the ability to embrace a team based culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate expectations and results to the operating staff and management as needed to maintain production timelines and organizational goals.
- This position is located a medium scale manufacturing facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- This role will require contact with hazardous materials such as caustic, acids and steam.
- Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, climbing and reaching is required. Role also requires infrequent unassisted lifting (not to exceed 50 lbs).
- Repetitive use of arms/hand/wrists, grasping is also required.
- This position is a team based position that requires shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.