System One is currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer to work in Sewickley, PA. The primary focuses of this job will be to:
- Review technical documents associated with contracts and bids
- Develop budgets, execution plans and schedules for projects
- Be actively engaged in resolving design problems and scheduling issues
- Manage communications with the customer’s technical personnel.
- Coordinate the work of the various engineering disciplines involved in the project. Provide direction for any assistant project engineers assigned to the project.
- Review key engineering documents to ensure that they meet the project specification, the applicable codes and are accurately prepared.
- In conjunction with the project controller assist in the updating and maintenance of various cost and schedule reports.
- Prepare certain multidiscipline technical documents such as the Engineering Instruction Sheets.
- Review vendor quotations and bid tabulations prior to the placement of purchase orders.
- In conjunction with the document controller oversee the transmittal of engineering documents and the processing of vendor documents.
- Oversee the preparation of operating, equipment and maintenance manuals
- Work with field crews to resolve issues.
- Participate in facility pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup activities.
- Provide operator training.
- In conjunction with the document controller oversee the archiving of documents at the end of a project.
- Travel to meetings with customers and regulators as required.
- Stamp drawings when required.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Bachelors or Master of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or other related discipline required
- 10 years of overall experience
- 6 years of experience leading multiple disciplines including mechanical, structural, electrical and control systems.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with registrations in multiple states
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and MS Word