Plans, coordinates, leads, performs and documents QA oversight activities, which include audits, surveillances, observations, reviews and performance analysis. Demonstrates leadership, sound judgment, maturity and analytical ability.
- Reviews site and department performance and, based on performance and risk insights, selects areas for surveillance and selects plant activities for observation.
- Develops audit plans and leads audit teams.
- Analyzes performance indicators from various sources and develops management insights.
- Effectively communicates with line managers. Ensures quality and accuracy of QA reports. Assists the Senior Auditor and Manager in roll up of issues to identify adverse trends.
- Serves as functional area owner for the plant organization in promoting a quality-centered culture and in providing consultation to plant departments regarding quality assurance issues. Is familiar with current nuclear QA oversight practices, codes, standards, regulations and nuclear plant work processes.
- Exercises stop work authority over non-conforming production and engineering activities that present a significant risk to plant equipment and/or personnel.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in Engineering or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
- 6 years of nuclear power plant experience in the field of quality assurance or experience in plant operations. Knowledge of nuclear and other regulatory quality/QAPM requirements.
- Desired: Extensive knowledge of nuclear industry regulations and experience.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Nuclear and other regulatory quality / QAPM requirements.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
See ANSI/ANSN45.2.23-1978 and Procedure EN-QV-117, Attachment 9.2, 'Lead Auditor Qualification / Certification Form'. Desired: SRO License, certification or qualification in a technical discipline (e.g., Maintenance or Engineering).