Mechanical Engineer / Design
Building renovation of HVAC/Plumbing at NASA Goddard Space Center.
System One has a temp-to-hire employment conversion opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to design mechanical and plumbing systems for design/design-build projects for a variety of industrial facilities. Performs field survey of existing systems (HVAC, Plumbing) and Prepares design documents for heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and plumbing systems for design/design-build projects for a variety of industrial facilities. Revit/AutoCAD MEP, ACAD, Microsoft Office required.
- United States Citizenship is required
- Immediate start date
- Local Candidate only / NO per diem or relocation
- Must clear System One and Client on-boarding processes
The Mechanical Engineer / Design requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registration: PE Certificate in State of Maryland ( or ability to obtain Maryland PE in one year by Comity)
- 10+ years of experience in Mechanical/Plumbing design (pertaining to building systems design/design-build).
- Experience in renovations of older mechanical systems, such as pneumatic, hot deck cold deck and controls a plus.
Mechanical Engineer / Design responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Provide guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs