Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Scientific Application Specialist
Location: Princeton, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The role is responsible for supporting scientific applications in a hybrid scientific computing environment, including migration of applications and resources to the cloud. Systems engineering and technologies to enable, optimize and enhance business capabilities for R&D.
- Responsibilities include configuration of cloud services (AWS EC2, EBS, EFS, Storage Gateway, S3, IAM, Cloudformation, Elasticbeanstalk), support of DEVOPS deployment for R&D environments, Linux scientific workstations, and configuration of systems and networking services for hybrid computing platforms.
- Support application environments in virtual computing environments, distributed computing and analytical platforms for scientific data.
- The role will be responsible for aligning with enterprise wide architectures.
- The role will ensure adherence to change management and regulatory procedures including governing the creation of operational procedures and system qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals and/or Healthcare IT preferred.
- Experience with IT asset management and compliance using enterprise CMDBs and change control
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Collaboratively interact with leadership and multiple stakeholders across the IT organization.
- Minimum experience of 5+ years) on Linux is required.
- Minimum experience of 3+ years on AWS Cloud is required.
- Requires knowledge of AWS services (EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, EFS) and development tools (Lambda, SQS/SNS,API Gateway)
- Experience in server installation & configuration.
- Experience with systems and network security, data encryption.
- Experience with serverless and container technologies.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.