Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Biochemist - II (Assistant)
Location: Durham, NC
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Seeking a highly motivated individual for the Quality Operations Biochemistry Laboratory.
- Analyst will be responsible to conduct testing in compliance with standard operating procedures, written test procedures, safety, and cGMP regulations.
- Primary duties of this position will focus on the daily lab operations and execution of testing to support manufacturing operations/validation/or development studies.
- This position is expected to maintain operational and GMP readiness of the QC laboratory area.
- Other duties: assist in the maintenance of the lab including routine housekeeping activities, laboratory inventory, waste management, maintenance of lab equipment and other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in science field, preferably biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or Biomedical Sciences.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Must be able to discriminate colors for characteristics tests or related assays.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in using pipettes (single channel, Multichannel)
- Experience with the pH meter instrument and analytical balances.
- Ability to perform basic scientific math, must have strong computer skills and Proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple assigned tasks.
- Must have attention to details and good documentation skill.
- Communicates well with co-workers and superiors
- Ability to analyze data and write up results
- Prior experience in a GMP Quality Control laboratory strongly preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.